Saturday, August 3, 2019

This is why you should read the entire profile

The weather was bad on Friday – lots of scary thunderstorms. I’d been chatting with a guy on POF during the week (he reached out first), and we agreed to meet Friday night, but play it by ear in regards to the weather. I sent him a note Friday afternoon, went to my writers’ meeting, then came home and settled down with a good book. The storms passed around 7, and I waited to hear from him. And waited.

Oh well. It was a great book. Definitely not a wasted evening.

This morning my phone beeps with a message from him. I’m already done – not a big believer in giving second chances to make a first impression – but curious as to what he might say. This was it:

“Sorry Hun, not political at all but I can’t stand illegal immigrants, and ur party seems to thrive on them, I’m sure simply for more votes, plzz think about the well being of the country ty MJF.”

So, definitely dodged a bullet there. I thought about sending a note back saying, “Here’s a thought: Why don’t you read someone’s profile before contacting them; you can save yourself a lot of time that way,” but I realized I’d save myself even more time by not replying at all.

I have two bestsellers waiting at the library for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment