Tuesday, September 3, 2019

You Can’t Always Get What You Want

… but sometimes you get what you need.

And sometimes you get nothing!

I’m being very specific on my search. I want a guy who lives in or close to my town, who’s politically progressive and close to my age. I spell out all this and more in my profile.

So yesterday I was excited when I got a “like” from a guy who fit that bill. And his profile was very well-written, which I consider a good proxy for intelligence. We texted back and forth all day.

Then this morning he casually drops that he’s sick of the traffic on the way to his job, so he’s moving closer to it. So out of my city and to the nearest big city, which is a good 30 miles or so and across a major bridge. “Would you consider dating someone who lived there?”

Of course not! It says in my profile that I’m dating in town and not crossing that bridge. Good luck to you.

Why would someone look for matches in City A when they’re planning to move to City B? Why not just wait until the move to City B is complete, and then search there? Does logic go out the window when it comes to looking for love online?

I wish he'd been as upfront as the profile I got from a guy who told the world that he was a “little person,” so his match needed to comfortable dating a midget? (His words, not mine.) Thank you for not hiding that! (Although that guy’s pictures were all of him sitting down, so if you didn’t read the profile, you might be in for a surprise.)

Dating 0, Staying home and watching old Grey’s Anatomy 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment