Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Cyrano, Anyone?

“I think I’m pretty easy to get along with. I think it’s because I like to listen just as much as I like to talk. People find it easy to communicate with me and I think that’s a big reason why.”

Match has a section for people to describe themselves “in their own words.” I have a hunch that they also provide templates to those who don’t know enough about themselves to do it, because I find the previous description crops up over and over again.

Match must also give people suggestions for a bucket list, because is it really possible that so many people want to ride in hot air balloons before they die?

Here’s a message I got on Plenty of Fish over the weekend: “A committed Democrat! Well now, committed is a pretty good word for it! I can overlook quite a bit for a nice smile. 😊 Especially since I really don’t like wasting my time with politics.” No, I did not respond. But I did read his profile, which earned me another message from him: “caught my favorite crazy democrat looking say hi.”

It’s scary out here in dating land. Although the snarky part of me wanted to reply with, “I don’t like wasting my time with assholes,” it’s safer just to not reply at all.

Speaking of Plenty of Fish, they appear to have added a new feature in which they message you with “It’s a match!” and a link to someone’s profile, which implies that you’ve already liked this person. I fell for it twice before I realized there was no way in hell I would have liked someone who dropped out of high school who lives on the other side of the bay. Thanks a lot, POF.

New message! Just “H” Didn’t even take the time to completely spell out “Hi.” Wow.

Why am I doing this again? The new TV season has started!

No comments:

Post a Comment